At Love Saves The Day, we are committed to ensuring the lawful collection and management of personal information. We will always keep your information secure and manage it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under privacy and data protection laws where we operate.
The personal information that we collect
If you make a donation through Love Saves The Day.com, we will collect basic payment information to enable us to process the donation. This will include your name, address, email address and payment card / account details, together with your unique username and password (if you decide to become a registered user). If you are eligible for UK Gift Aid, we will also ask you to confirm your UK domicile address as this may be different from your billing address.
How we use personal information
We use the personal information collected from users for a number of purposes:
- administering donations made;
- claiming Gift Aid, if applicable;
- providing non-personalised information to fundraisers to let them know about contributions made to their campaign - this helps fundraisers keep track of donations made to their campaigns and (where the donor is happy for us to share their details) allows them to pass on a message of thanks;
- publishing information on fundraising pages to allow donors (and potential donors) to see amounts pledged to each campaign and read messages of support - individual donors always have the option to use an anonymous label against donations / messages placed on campaign pages and this is something you are recommended to adopt if you are concerned about having information about your donation published on the internet;
- allowing charities, not-for-profits and Love Saves The Day Projects who are registered with us to have visibility of donations made to them so they can:
- understand which fundraisers have established campaigns within Love Saves The Day.com for their benefit and communicate with fundraisers in relation to that event or Love Saves The Day Project;
- provide fundraisers with more details about their organisation or Love Saves The Day Project (but only if the fundraiser allows us to do this);
- contact individual donors to pass on a thank you message and tell them more about their organisation or Love Saves The Day Project (but only if the individual donor allows us to do this); and
- track the total donations made through those campaigns (but not the names of individual donors unless the individual donor allows us to do this);
- providing direct marketing communications in the form of email alerts and bulletins to tell you about developments in the services available through our website, together with tips, news stories and competitions related to giving and fundraising for charities, not-for-profits and Love Saves The Day Projects - we will only do this where you have indicated you would like to receive updates and you may change your preferences and cease receiving direct marketing from us at any time by updating your account. Where you have indicated that you would like to receive direct marketing communications from us, we will use your contact details and personal preferences which you have told us about, which we have derived from Cookies (see our cookies policy), which we have inferred from your service usage, or market research about your profile;
Providing information to others
We work closely with a number of trusted partners with whom we need to share personal information to help us operate the Love Saves The Day service. These include:
- our related entities around the world, as detailed in "Working with other service providers and group companies" below;
- banks and payment providers - to authorise and complete payment transactions;
- in relation to creators of Love Saves The Day Project pages.
Keeping information secure
We invest significant resources in protecting the security and confidentiality of information collected through Love Saves The Day.com, however, no internet-based site can be 100% secure. For more information see our security policy which explains our particular approach to security of payment and card details.
Working with other service providers and our group companies
For operational reasons, we transfer personal information to service providers and our group companies who help us manage our systems. Some of these systems may be located in the UK, and other countries in the European Economic Area. Different privacy laws may apply in these countries and you agree that we may transfer personal information to these countries. We only make these arrangements and transfer personal information to different countries where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information held and that the provider acts at all times in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Keeping your records
We keep records for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you think any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, you may also request a correction. You also have a right, in certain circumstances, to require us to stop processing your personal information. In relation to all of these rights, please email or write to us at the address below. Please note that we may charge a small administrative fee for the provision of a copy of your personal information. We may also request proof of identity. In certain circumstances (for example where required or permitted by law) we might not be able to provide you with access to some of your personal information, and we will notify you of the reason.
Third party sites